Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Carol Bartz is the new CEO of Yahoo

Carol Bartz is the new CEO of Yahoo!, which means that their personal crisis is over. She is 60 years old and takes over for Jerry Yang, the old CEO (not the 2007 world series of poker main event champion...)

One thing I noticed is that she is on a few other companies' boards along with other Yahoo execs, something which strikes me as nepotistic, but I think she is well qualified regardless. Yahoo has done a good job making themselves at the top of the internet, and I am sure they will continue to be good.

That said, some of their apps are shit- quality, and one thing I'd personally like them to revamp is their front page news feed. Many of those stories, lets face it, suck and are written by people with about as much journalistic quality as me.

No comments: